Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Things I Am Grateful For


This year, due to financial tightness and a number of other factors, my roommate/dear friend Annie and I decided to stay here in Rexburg this Thanksgiving. So that my boyfriend/our dear friend Jacob could join us in our own little feast, we had our meal of thanks yesterday evening. We were so proud of our simple, delicious meal (which Annie was mostly responsible for, mad props and kudos and a lot of love to her), and we kept wanting someone to come over and see it. That picture up there doesn't do it justice. It was delicious, and I'm so grateful for the wonderful people in my life!

I've begun a tradition of making a list like this every Thanksgiving, so here are some other things I'm grateful for:

Make-up remover towelettes
Jamie Cullum
my iPod
an awesome roommate
an awesome boyfriend
family -- my incredible parents, grandparents, and sisters
my ability to walk/dance/run/skip/etc.
dry-erase boards
jump drives
my computer
dreams
Theatre
rock music
jazz music
journals
the scriptures
the restored Gospel
the Atonement
my Savior
candles
holidays
books
socks
not having to wear a corset
ballpoint pens
indoor plumbing
comfortable couches
comfortable bed
great films
guitars
Washington D.C.
the Constitution
the History Channel
Netflix Instant Viewing
donuts
pumpkin pie
refrigerators
horses
cars
children
fingernail clippers
the Beatles
Janis Joplin
Rosa Parks
vacuum cleaners
public transportation (where it exists, not like Rexburg)
boats
summer storms
chocolate malts
a job
the Priesthood
breakfast
wonderful teachers
interviews on "Inside the Actor's Studio"
having a printer at home
slippers
organic foods
commercial airlines
art -- great paintings and sculptures
vintage posters
thrift stores
letters from friends
missionaries
Comic Frenzy
friends who are wonderful examples of great marriages
my patriarchal blessing
a friend/roommate who makes things like this for Thanksgiving:

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. HOLY MACKERAL! that cake looks like celestial hips. I love you liz, you've been a really good friend. I'm grateful for you.

    ReplyDelete