Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Something important I'd like to say

No picture for this entry, everyone...the subject matter is more serious and I couldn't find a picture that reflected that.
I just wanted to tell you all how much I love and appreciate you. It's sounds cheesy, I know, but I am constantly astounded by the wonderful people in my life.
With this in mind, I feel like I've been a jerk lately. I don't really know how to describe why...it's just sort of this feeling I've had for the last while. I feel like I could be a better friend, like I could be more considerate of others, and like I could work harder at keeping in touch with people and making sure they know I love to be around them and miss them when they're not with me.
I feel like I've sort of lost touch with myself. Now, I'm not sure how this works, but I know there's a scripture that says something about it, that you find yourself when you lose yourself in the service of others. That's never made logical sense to me, but I'm realizing it's very true. It follows that therefore the opposite is also true. When you find you're not serving others, you lose yourself.
Liz Whittaker--the true Liz Whittaker--has been somewhat dormant of late. It's been a rough summer, with work and financial trouble and all the other stuff going on. Those are the times when its hardest to be considerate of others and to serve them, but I find that it's when you need it the most.
I apologize to anyone who's felt that they've only been hanging near the edge of a friendship with me lately. I love you and I'm truly sorry. This would be a lot more meaningful if I knew how to spell the word "apologize," but I ask you to overlook this small detail and take my apology at its full value. It's times like these when I wish I could be more articulate with words alone.
The point is this...I care deeply for each and every one of you, and I feel I've acted in such a way that might have caused some of you to forget that or feel like it's not true. Well, it is true. I do love you, and value your friendship, and wish there was some way in the world I could have all of the people I've known in one place at the same time and spend the rest of my life in all of their company!
I'm giving each of you a nice big genuine hug over this blog (an "e-hug," not as satisfying as a real one, but it's the best I can manage at the moment) and I'm thinking of each of you and resolving here and now to be a better friend and person in general!

2 comments:

  1. Ah. You rock. I went to a class at EFY about friendship cause I've been feeling the same way. It rocked. We should chat. I like Rice Krispie treats.

    ReplyDelete