Monday, April 26, 2010

Dear Powers that be, a prayer...

A NOTE: I don't intend for this post to be sacrilegious and consequently apologize if it offends anyone. It just seemed the best format for this particular entry.


Please bless that:


• Jacob and I can get that apartment on Main Street. The one that's within walking distance from campus. For $450 a month, available in June! We understand it means we'd have to pay an extra month's rent, but at that price and with no utilities to pay, it won't break the bank, and we can move our stuff in gradually instead of all at once in a back-breaking and exhausting endeavor. And it's big and old and about to be renovated, and next to a huge awesome ballroom. AND it's only $100 for the deposit! Even better!

• The rain stops earlier than predicted. Or completely. For a few weeks, at least. Especially on May 8th. When we're getting our engagement photos taken. Outside.

• I can find/decide on a good outfit or two for our engagement photos in two weeks. Panache/Jenny Farley's closet, here I come?

• My face stops breaking out.

• I get over mono and its attending exhaustion.

Thank you for:

• A wonderful best friend/boyfriend/future husband.

• Trader Joe's Parmesan/Garlic/Herb pita chips.

Kara's amazing wedding dress altering skills. My dress isn't even finished, and already it's so beautiful I wanted to cry when I saw it. They are dear friends that we will miss dearly! If you're in the Boise area, look them up!

• Annie's sense of humor.

• The exemplary and extraordinary life of Mahatma Gandhi.

4 comments:

  1. I'm excited to be on a list with not only Jacob, but Annie, AND Ghandi!

    (:

    We will miss you guys-- I'm hoping we can arrange a way to be here for your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you talking about that apartment above Panache? Hard wood floors/big living room/small bedroom/beige walls/window facing Main/ballroom directly across from front door? I know the people moving out of there and if it's the one I'm thinking of, there's a pretty long list to get in . . . maybe I could ask them to put in a good word for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. second to jules' comment! the hamptons apartment??! in woodman? cause you'd SO be in our ward (if you went to the family ward!!!! it's an AWESOME HOLY EFF SO AMAZING ward, too!!! and you'd live below our good friends the robbins! and below/diagonal to US! the trick to getting in: keep calling and calling and calling and calling, cause chan NEVER picks up the phone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest friends, thank you! Jacob and I are actually really good friends with Chan too--Jacob's her home-teacher and she's the one who told us about the opening in the first place! I have no idea WHICH apartment it is but she's told us we have a pretty good chance of getting it. But feel free to keep putting in good words for us! I would LOVE to be in your ward, Brandilyn! Keeping our fingers crossed...

    ReplyDelete