Half of me is still the 7th Grader who's excited that the awesome girl with the cute clothes "tagged" me in something. That part of me was unable to resist filling this out.
1. Post these rules
2. Post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions provided by the one who tagged you
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag
5. Tag 11 people
11 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME:
1. I have a phobia of raccoons.
2. I went to my senior prom with Ralph Waldo Emerson III's twin brother Steve.
3. I went through a phase when I was Wiccan instead of Mormon.
4. I'm a documentary JUNKIE.
5. I did ballet off and on for 13 years.
6. I hate touching jars of mayonnaise or ranch dressing.
7. I have eclectic taste in music.
8. I love history, and my “pet time period” is America in the 1960’s.
9. I have published poetry in 3 literary magazines.
10. Reading and being outside are two of my absolute favorite things in the world. When those two things are combined, I’m in heaven. This is why I adore summer.
11. I will almost never decline a smoothie.
11 QUESTIONS JULES ASKED ME
1. What is currently your go-to outfit? Dark, straight-leg jeans + t-shirt (preferably my husband’s Nirvana t-shirt or his Harry Potter horcrux t-shirt) + blue cardigan (which I CAN’T FIND RIGHT NOW!) + sperry’s
2. If you could be a character in a fiction novel, who would you be? Tough one. Probably Anne from Anne of the Island. Grows up while still retaining a sense of adventure and a sense of humor.
3. When did you start blogging, why and is it different from your current blogging style? I started blogging in the fall of 2004, during my first semester at BYU-I, as a way to keep family and friends back home updated and a way to “journal” my experiences here. My readership has grown, so my entries are perhaps a little less candid. I’ve also come to embrace lists, the short entry, and tags.
4. What is your all-time favorite album? Not fair. It’s always changing. See this post for some ideas; most are still pretty accurate. Added to the current list is Tom Waits’ “Rain Dogs”
5. Are you closer to your mother's or father's side of the family? Probably my mother’s. I see them way more often.
6. Which celebrity do friends say you look like? I’ve heard Cate Blanchett and Grace Kelly. Both of which are wonderful compliments.
7. What advice would you give your fresh-out-of-high-school self? It will be okay. Be brave. Follow your own heart, and don’t worry about what society or anyone else “expects” of you. It only matters what God thinks of you and what YOU think of you. Everyone else’s regard will fall into place if you just pay attention to those things.
8. Best and worst reality TV shows, go: Best reality TV show = So You Think You Can Dance, Worst reality TV show = everything else
9. First kiss? Last kiss? First kiss = Jared Doshier, in my car, after we’d been together for a few days, the summer after I graduated high school. Last kiss = my husband, on the sidewalk on College Avenue, as I was going to class.
10. You're offered a job in both New York and L.A. Where do you move? New York. There are pros and cons to both places. But New York has this cultured, exciting, culinary, crowded appeal. And it’s a world of theatre, which I’m much more connected to than film.
11. Cosmetic/luxury item you can't live without: Savex cherry chapstick.
11 QUESTIONS FOR THE PEOPLE I’VE TAGGED (and anyone else who wants to participate):
1. What’s a quirky habit of yours?
2. What was the last song you listened to?
3. If you had a weekend off to go wherever you wanted, where would you go? (Just the weekend!)
4. Describe your ideal self in seven words.
5. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
6. Describe an awkward moment you experienced in college:
7. One of your greatest accomplishments in life so far:
8. If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would you pick and why?
9. What is one event that fundamentally changed you forever?
10. If you could have one superhero power, what would it be and why?
11. You have the chance to spend a month in one major European city. ONLY ONE. Where do you go?
WHO I TAGGED
11. James (If you're not too busy writing additional chapters of "The Heart is the Loneliest Dude Ranch" or texting your baby, of course...)