Thursday, July 18, 2013

Week 12, or "If A Playmill Summer Was A Pregnancy, We Just Finished Our First Trimester."

Short entry for this week. I think I've mentioned this before, but time is a funny thing up here at the Playmill. I'm sure things have happened this week, but I can't quite remember many of them. Here's what I do remember:

We went to a BBQ on Sunday at Luke's sister's house, which included roasted hot dogs, fried scones, root beer floats. And a lake. And a rowboat ADVENTURE EXTRAORDINAIRE. Later, we felt bad for taking the rowboat out for so long, but Amanda, Taylor and I explored the entire lake. At one point, we were blocked from the edge of the lake by about 15 feet of lily pads, but that didn't stop us. Oh no. Amanda leaned out of the front of the boat, pushing them aside, while Taylor and I rowed through. We straight-up hacked through that wilderness. And then when we drove home, Jerry saw a rattlesnake on the side of the road. So he pulled over and shot it.

This conversation:
Justin D - "Oooh are we talking about what we would do if we weren't Mormon? Because I'd totally be an alcoholic."
Scotty - "I'd be a nudist."
Misha - "I'd wear tanktops. ALL THE TIME."

Joe Galati is no longer with us. I hope he'll be happier wherever he's going, and I trust that we'll all be where we're supposed to be, doing what we're supposed to be doing. We've had to take some time to re-work a few things in the shows, so this week is a little nuts, but we're making it work.

A little girl in the audience who stopped Amanda, and had the following conversation:
Little girl - I just have one question. Why is everyone so fanced up?
Amanda - Well, that's how people dress in a castle.
Little girl - Really? Can I visit your castle?
Amanda - You're here! This is it! This is the castle!
Little girl - (gasps and notices the throne onstage)

There are also some great pictures from Sunday, which I'll post later. Peace and love to all.

3 comments:

  1. You forgot the best part!m When Michelle tapped you on the back because she had something VERY important to tell you! lol, gotta love that little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing, keep posting andh happy bloging!

    ReplyDelete