Saturday, May 13, 2006

"You should put your hair in pigtails and wear lipstick. And bring a book!" --Maggie

By the way, Maggie is 5 years old. And that was her suggestion to my friend Curtis.

HEY I'M AT PLAYMILL IN BEAUTIFUL WEST YELLOWSTONE! This will have to be a short blog to update you all; I've got a thousand things to say but only 12 more minutes on the computer here in the public library.
We've just finished our first week of rehearsal, and I cannot believe how much we've gotten done. At the same time, we open in a week and a half, so I cannot believe how much more we still have to do! And as in the theatre world, there are a few bumps in the road...one of our girls sprained her foot on the first day of rehearsal and will be in a boot for at least another week, two of our guys won't be here until the week we open, and during those few days we'll be teaching them everything, two more of our number will be missing. So the first time we do the show with the entire cast present will be opening night. On the other hand, the reason those two more will be missing is because J.D. got called back for Leaf Coneybear again in "Spelling Bee," so he and Melissa are flying out to NYC for a few days. Wish him luck!
I am astounded at the beauty of my surroundings, and by the fact that I get up every morning and put on dance clothes to go rehearsal, and it's going to work. SINGING AND DANCING AND ACTING IS MY JOB! That's fantastic. Hard work...rehearsal from 10am-1pm, 2:30-5:30, and 7:30-9:30 or however late we need to be. But so worth it.

I'll be putting an audio blog up with more details later, so until then, love you all and I'm still alive!

5 comments:

  1. Liz! I'm so proud of you. Performing for a living! Now, more so than ever, I am your number one fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Why didn't you add contact information! I need to talk to you so badly, and I miss you so much! I love you and wish you the best of luck! Think of me everyday and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. think of me, think of me fondly, when....

    hhehehe lol
    anyways..much love liz! I'm glad your enjoying yourself..kick some butt (acting wise) lol..
    see/talk to you soon!!!!
    -isha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are having fun.

    ReplyDelete