Thursday, November 30, 2006

"I'm going to call the cops and they're going to come arrest you, because you're a throw-ball snower!" --Nellie

I'm bored. It's snowing. There are a few things I could do right now, actually I probably SHOULD do them right now. But all of them involve going out in the cold, or taking longer than an hour, or both. And I refuse to go out into the cold, and I have to go to work in an hour, so I don't really have the liberty to do any of those things.
I'm over my flu...hooray! I'm still really nauseous, which is lame, but I'm doing better. Something occured to me, though...about a month ago or so, maybe a little more, I went through this inexplicable bout of stomach-aches and indigestion and the same kind of thing going on right now. That was also during a period of V's mild mania. He's going through another one of those right now...it sort of snuck up on him, but we'll make it. BUT, I think that my own anxiety that I go through during his mania is manifest in my digestive system. Sounds like a stretch, but not so much if you think about it. When I was a kid, I'd always complain of stomach-aches when I was nervous or scared or unhappy. I'm a firm believer that physical and emotional health are very connected. I wish V would hurry up and get back to a stable psychological state, so that I don't have to keep downing Pepto-Bismol and Tums. If I end up with an ulcer, I'll be mad. In the meantime, do you know how hard it is to coach preschoolers with double-you-over stomach cramps? A strange and rather inconvenient phenomenon.
We're heading back to Nebraska tonight to pick up his car. It's been snowing here, but the forecast looks clear in the midwest and central US, so we shouldn't have too much trouble. Pray for us just the same.
I don't have much else to say at the moment. Here, watch a friend of a friend of a friend on youtube.

WELL NOW? V

No comments:

Post a Comment