Thursday, December 16, 2010

Relative identity


Sometimes, I get online, and I read through really popular blogs, just to remind myself of who I'm NOT.

And then I realize how judgmental I'm being, and I go do something else to remind myself of what I actually care about...what's actually important. Like my husband. Like warm food. Like helping friends pack and move. Like the frickin' rainforest, or something.

As a blogger myself, the irony of this is not lost on me. But for me and my house, sometimes we have to remind ourselves (I'm using the "royal we" now, just so we're all on the same page) that we have better things to do than read blogs we don't care about to give ourselves a false sense of superiority.

(And just to clarify...that last little dig isn't directed at anyone in particular except for myself. Readers, if you care about what you're reading, please keep reading. I just find myself wasting a lot of time reading things I don't care about online. I needed a good talking to.)

1 comment: